Welcome to Cairns
Welcome to Cairns - The City of Adventure
Cairns is a regional city located in the far north of Queensland in Australia founded in 1876. This city was named after William wellington Cairns, the then-current Governor of Queensland. Cairns is located about 1,700 km (1,056 mi) from Brisbane, and about 2,700 km (1,678 mi) from Sydney by road. Around 143.000 people are living there. Cairns is a quiet city on the Pacific coast which is perfect for people who woulds like to have vacancies quietly. Cairns serves as the major commercial centre for the Far North Queensland and Cape York Peninsula Regions. It is a base for the regional offices of various government departments. Tourism plays a major part in the Cairns economy. According to Tourism Australia, the Cairns region is the fourth-most popular destination for international tourists in Australia after Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Cairns is a great city thanks to its shops, landscapes, beaches, climate and loods of other things you will discover next...
Information and facts
Even if Cairns is a small city, thanks to hundred tourists every year, Cairns buzzes with a dizzying nightlife that would normally only be found in a major city. Nightlife in Cairns can be raucous and debauched or sophisticated and refined, depending where you choose to go.
- Gilligans : here are different party every night of the week.
- PJ O’Brien’s : it is an Irish Pub. Live bands. Great music.
- Sugar Hub : This is one of Cairns’ newest nightclub venues and you’ll see it from the street with its vibrant colored lights illuminating the way.
- Cairns Night Markets : Cairns Night Markets one of Far North Queenslands most popular tourist attractions.
This is the perfect place to get handmade local gifts & souvenirs.
- Cairns Central : There are at least 180 shops which makes it the largest shopping centre in Far North Queensland.
- Great Barrier Reef Tour : it is the world's largest coral reef and home to an amazing diversity of animal life. There are a large number of tour operators that depart from Cairns depending on what you want to do.
- The Daintree Rainforest : The Daintree Rainforest is a tropical rainforest region on the north east coast of Queensland, Australia, north of Mossman and Cairns. At around 12,000 km2. The Daintree is the largest continuous area of tropical rainforest on the Australian continent.
- Kuranda Train & Skyrail : The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience spans 7.5kms over Australia’s pristine tropical rainforests.
- Beaches : it offers youa wonderful view of the horizon. You don't have to miss that.
- Esplanade : Cairns esplanade includes a swimming lagoon with adjoining barbecue areas.
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT + 9 hours
Cairns got a tropical climate. A wet season with tropical monsoons runs from November to May, with a relatively dry season from June to October, though showers are frequent for most of this period. the coldest months are June, July and August so the warmest months are December, January and February. Like most of North and Far North Queensland, Cairns is prone to tropical cyclones, usually forming between November and May.
- A public transport network is on the city with Marlin Coast Sunbus.
- Cairns International Airport is located 7 km (4 mi) north of Cairns City between the CBD and the Northern Beaches. It is Australia's seventh busiest domestic airport and sixth busiest international airport.
- The Cairns Seaport, located on Trinity Inlet, is operated by the Cairns Port Authority. It serves as an important port for tourist operators providing daily reef trips. These consist of large catamarans capable of carrying over 300 passengers, as well as smaller operators that may take as few as 12 tourists.