The sunniest resort for the sunniest people
Sunny Beach is a major seaside resort of Bulgaria along the Black Sea Coast. It's 8 kilometres long and has more than 300 sunny days a year which is even more than Miami Beach in Florida. As you can see it is the perfect place to go to during the summer months. The beach season is from May to October when the temperature reaches an average 28 degrees Celsius. During this time thousands of people flock to the beach. In winter, there are only a few locals who live at Sunny Beach. They say that the combination of sea and mountain air is most favourable for people with asthmatic and respiratory conditions. As a consequence some people also undergo treatment there.
Most vacationers just go to Sunny Beach to have fun in the sun and party at night.
There’s a distinctive nightlife for singles at Sunny Beach and it’s even wilder than that at Golden Sands. Check out the bars, night clubs and party venues, there’s something to suit everbody’s taste.
With over 800 hotels and more than 300,000 beds available there is lots of space for tourists.
So just book a hotel in Sunny Beach and join the fun. The majority of tourists comes from Britain, but you can meet people from all over Europe here. You can get to know them at the beach and due to the nice weather and the realxing atmosphere you will surely have time to enjoy a nice chat with somebody from a different place and learn something about their culture.
Interesting and important to know is that Sunny Beach bares the prestigous BLUE FLAG for ecological advantages along the Back Sea coast. You still can see original and unspoiled well-formed sand dunes, healthy forests and interesting plants. There are sixteen rare plant types which are described in the Red Book of Bulgaria, so don’t pick them because they are protected.
Sights at Sunny Beach
Ness(e)bar is a small town on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast with approximately 11,500 inhabitants. Exactly forty different churches can be visited which gives the town the most churches per capita on earth. It’s pretty touristic there but the wooden houses look beautiful and the colourful flowers hanging from the roofs, enchanting visitors.
Come and visit Burgas, the fourth largest city of Bulgaria and the capital of Burgas Province, an important industrial, transport, cultural and tourist centre. The name is derived from the Greek word “pyrgos” meaning “tower” or “fortress”. The city is known for its various museums and festivals.
Aqua Park is only 4,5 km away from Sunny Beach. It has a surface of 36 acres and offers more than 30 different water attractions for every taste and age. Come and try the fastest one (over 60 km/h), the longest one (120 m) and the highest one (18 m high in the sky).
The Golden Orpheus International Festival
This festival is both international and Bulgarian and it is held annually in different clubs and concert halls at Sunny Beach.
Travel Tips for Sunny Beach
1. Try catamaran sailing and go on a tour to watch dolphins and to swim in the Black Sea. Be prepared to feel like the rich and famous for an afternoon at least!
2. Benefit from the sunny weather and try jet-skiing or riding a banana boat. You will have a lot of fun with people from all over the world.
3. Adventurous ones can get a tattoo directly on the beach. A lot of artists are internationally known and prices are really low.
4. A Quad Biking Safari to the centre of Bulgaria is a nice way to see how the Bulgarians themselves live.
5. Especially children will enjoy the entertainment all day long. Games and competitions are offered in almost every hotel. The kids can join in and won’t get bored and their parents will have a relaxing day and have time to enjoy the sun.