WELCOME TO ELBA ISLAND
WELCOME TO ELBA ISLAND – A little paradise of Tuscany
Elba is Mediterranean island of Tuscany. It is the largest island of Tuscan Archipelago and it is the third largest island of Italy, after Sicily and Sardinia. Elba belongs to the province of Livorno and it is situated in Tyrrhenian sea. It is a beautiful place because there you can see a wonderful sea, but also the typical Mediterranean landscape. It is today a noted tourist resort, indeed every summer, a lot of people come here from all over Europe, and spent their holidays here. There are a lot of beaches, for each kind of taste. Elba is famous for being a true jewel of Tuscany, with its colours, weather, food, its villages perched on the hills, fish restaurants, and stalls. More recently, the island has become famed for its wine.
INFORMATION & FACTS
Every evening, in the Elba island there are a lot of stalls, located in different villages. The more nice lie in Capoliveri, Porto Ferraio, Porto Azzurro, Marina di Campo and Marciana Marina. In each of this villages there are a lot of restaurants, in which it is possible to eat a typical Italian food and delicious fish dishes.
There are a lot of pubs, and for more young people there are three big disco:
1. The Tinello: is located in Marina di Campo. It is a youthful and cool place, in which it is possible to dance all night under the starry sky.
2. Club 64: is located in Porto Ferraio and it is the oldest disco of Elba Island. It has got indoor and outdoor dance floors.
3. Deco: is located in Capoliveri. It has got three dance floors with live, dance and house music. Often, this disco organizes themed and foam parties.
Here, is impossible to be bored.
If you go to Elba Island, you MUST visit:
1. PORTO FERRAIO: it is the town center and it is crowded around the small marina, located in a natural cove. Main points of interest include:
a. Forte Stella
b. Forte Falcone
c. Forte Inglese
d. Archeological museum
e. Napoleon's house
In this town there is a lot of restaurants and shops, and a really nice stroll along the harbor.
2. PORTO AZZURRO: it is situated in the center of the eastern side of Elba Island, on the sea, and its tourist and commercial port is one of the most famous, distinctive and safe of the coast. Here in the summer shows of all kinds are organized, from cultural and historic to musical. Through the town center it's possible to visit the main church of Madonna del Carmine with its Oratory.
3. CAPOLIVERI: it is situated in the southeast of the Island of Elba, on a ridge of 167 meters above sea level. Its name and origin date back to the Roman period: ‘Caput Liberi’ is Latin for ‘Liberus' Hill’, meaning sacred to Bacchus, and since ancient times has been a land of vineyards and excellent wine. The main centers inside the communal district of Capoliveri are Lacona, Naregno, Lido, Pareti, Morcone, Innamorata and Cala Grande
Time – zone
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
Elba island has a typical Mediterranean climate. During the summer the temperature often reach 25 – 30 Celsius degrees but it is easy that there is a little wind. During the winter the temperature is difficult that goes down under the 5 – 10 Celsius degrees.
Every day there are a bus that link the towns with the most famous beaches. Those bus offer a daily service from 8 a.m to 9 p.m. It is possible to pay a cheap fee to acquire a seasonal or weekly ticket.
In each town of Elba island, one day of every week there are a characteristic stalls, and there are a lot of shops, which sell typical goods, like artisan jewels and watches, Tuscan food and their wine, and also perfume (the typical perfume made in that island is called Elba`s Water).
Elba island offers a very lot of beautiful beaches and and its particularity is that each one is very different from other. The most important are Sansone`s Beach: Cavoli`s Beach: Fetovaia`s Beach: Enfola`s Beach: Capobianco`s beach, Barabarca`s Beach and Capo Sant`Andrea`s Beach.