Welcome to Puerto Vallarta
Welcome to Puerto Vallarta - The City of Adventure
Puerto Vallarta is a Mexican city on the Jalisco state. Also called Puerto or PV by tourists, it is situated on the Pacific Ocean's Bahía de Banderas. With a population about 255.725 people, it makes of Puerto Vallarta the second largest city in the state of Jalisco. Contrary to the other famous mexican tourstic place Cancun, before becoming an international touristic place, Puerto Vallarta were a traditional little mexican village. It is now a place where tourism doesn't stop to increase, which represents 50% of the city's economy. Puerto Vallarta’s location and geographical characteristics make it the ideal place to enjoy an unforgettable beach vacation due to its subtropical climate. This city is also called The Friendliest City in the World. Puerto Vallarta is a city for each age, from quiet activities with dolphins to mountain biking, every persons will find their hapiness during their vacations there. Sunny, beaches, luxury, adventure...Welcome to Puerto Vallarta.
Information and Facts
With family, with friends, single, Puerto Vallarta is a place for you thanks to its bars, nightclubs, beaches, restaurants.
With family or before hanging out for all night, you can go watching the sunset at Chez Ellen. There is no better place than this vintage Vallarta landmark inn which offers the best view of the Bay of Bandera.
If you are more outgoing, Puerto Vallarta got loads of bars and nightclubs.
- Bars : Andale, situated in a romantic zone. Bar El Faro which is both a restaurant and a bar with a great view, day or night. De Santos Terraza Bar, situated in the downtown of the city offers you a good evening until 2.00 o'clock am.
- Nightclubs : Barra Bar, enjoying both the classic and the modern, dance music. La Vaquita, make the party until 6.00 o'clock am in the downtwn.
Different places exist to do shopping but especially cultural shopping from Puerto Vallarta.
- Cassandra Shaw Jewelry Review : you can find traditional things of Puerto Vallarta as chunky rings, bracelets, and necklaces or also hats, handbags, tunics, and other items,
- Gallería Dante Review : here you can find classical, contemporary and abstract works displayed.
- Cuale River there are shops for souvenirs
- Playa Conchas Chinas is the city's most secluded beach, located to the South of the headland.
- Cuale Archaeological Museum presents a significant collection of local and regional pre-Hispanic art
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens is a popular place of orchids, agaves, cactus, palms, and other native plants.The gardens are located 14 mi (23 km) South of Puerto Vallarta on Highway 200.
- Near from Puerto Vallarta, there are also Aquaventuras Park in the Mexican Pacific Sea, which one of the most amazing Vallarta tourist attractions.
- Playa Los Muertos Pier which has been inaugurated on January 4th 2013.
- To discover the jungle in buggy, to swim with dolphins...
- Galeria Pacifico is a free tour where you can discover those wonderful bronze sculptures.
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT - 6 hours.
Puerto Vallarta's climate is typical Tropical wet and dry. The average daily high temperature is 86 °F (30 °C); average daily low temperature is 70 °F (21 °C); average daily humidity is 75%. Prevailing winds are from the southwest. The rainy season extends from mid June through mid October, with most of the rain between July and September. August is the city's wettest month. May, Jume, July and August are the hottest months in Puerto Vallarta.
- By plane : The Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport is a commercial airport situated in Puerto Vallarta.
There are two air traffic patterns in Puerto Vallarta which are international and domestic.
- By sea : The port of Puerto Vallarta receives cruise ships on a regular basis during the tourist season.
- By bus/taxis : National bus lines connect Puerto Vallartawith Guadalajara, Mazatlán, Manzanillo and points beyond. Smaller bus lines connect Puerto Vallarta to small coastal and sierra towns.
The city is also served by a large fleet of taxis.