118 EAST 40 STREET NEW YORK NY 10016, UNITED STATES, USA
The Bedford hotel combines the excitement and convenience of midtown Manhattan with the charm and warmth of an intimate European hotel. Centrally located on 40th street between Park and Lexington avenues, the Bedford is in the heart of midtown Manhattan, in the quiet Murray hill area. The Bedford is a perfect location for both business and leisure travelers.
• Fifth and Madison Avenues (shopping) - 2 blocks
• Chrysler Building - 2 blocks
• Grand Central Station - 2 blocks
• Bryant Park - 3 blocks
• New York Public Library - 4 blocks
• United Nations - 5 blocks
• Broadway theaters - 6 blocks
• Port Authority Bus Terminal - 7 blocks
• Empire State Building - 8 blocks
• Times Square - 8 blocks
• Macy's Herald Square - 0.5 mile
• Central Park - 1 mile
• Madison Square Garden - 1 mile The Bedford's 136 spacious Studios and one bedroom suites are ideal for every visit. Bedford has 17 Floors, 58 Suites and 78 Rooms. All rooms have dark wood furnishings and large windows that open, some with views of the Chrysler or Empire State buildings.
Studios and one-bedroom suites feature kitchenettes with refrigerators, range-top burners, sinks, coffeemakers, cookware, and cutlery. Standard rooms have pantries with refrigerators, microwaves, and coffeemakers. Blue-tiled bathrooms have pedestal sinks and shower/tub combinations. All guestrooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet access.
This 17-story boutique hotel, with its elaborately carved stone-and-brick facade, was once home to writer F. Scott Fitzgerald and Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. Its prime location in the Murray Hill neighborhood of midtown Manhattan is less than eight blocks from popular New York attractions such as the Empire State Building, Broadway theaters, and Times Square.
An elaborately carved stone facade greets guests of this 17-story brick hotel. Inside the Bedford, white marble steps descend from the street to a small wood-paneled lobby accented by gold silk-covered walls and a large iron and glass chandelier. An adjacent lounge area with richly upholstered sofas and armchairs offers a quiet refuge from midtown Manhattan's busy streets. A casual on-site Italian restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests also enjoy complimentary access to a fitness center at the hotel's companion property 10 blocks away. • Check-in time is 3 PM
• Check-out time is 11 AM
Ristorante Domenico - Casual restaurant with soft lighting, Mediterranean-style decor, and white table linens. Features classically prepared Northern Italian cuisine. Homemade specialties include a noteworthy tiramisu dessert. Full bar and wine list. Pre-theater menu available late afternoon to early evening. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Your personal data is safe! All personal details are over a secure connection when you make a booking
- We don't charge additional booking fees or card transaction fees. The price you see is the price you pay!
- Best price promise. If you find it cheaper elsewhere contact us and we'll do our best to beat it!
- We value your privacy. Your details are used only to confirm your booking. We don't sell or share your personal details with any third party.
For more information, please view our privacy statement
and/or terms and conditions