Intercontinental The Barclay
111 E. 48TH STREET... NEW YORK, NY 10017, UNITED STATES, USA
Welcome to InterContinental The Barclay New York, a luxury business hotel in "the city that never sleeps." Minutes away from LaGuardia and JFK Airport, the legendary hotel will celebrate its 82nd anniversary in 2008. The Barclay Hotel was the most luxurious hotel built by the New York Central Railroad and one of the most glamorous and elegant hotels near Park Avenue.The hotel has 686 luxurious guest rooms and suites, all beautifully appointed with a wealth of modern amenities for a comfortable and relaxing stay. • Times Square (0.4 MI/0.64 KM )
• Rockefeller Center (0.4 MI/0.64 KM )
• Broadway Theater District (0.4 MI/0.64 KM )
• Statue of Liberty (2 MI/3.22 KM )
• 5th Avenue Shopping (0.2 MI/0.32 KM )
• Empire State Building (0.6 MI/0.97 KM )
• Chrysler Building (0.5 MI/0.8 KM )
• Central Park (0.6 MI/0.97 KM )
• Ground Zero (2 MI/3.22 KM )
• St Patricks Cathedral (0.1 MI/0.16 KM )
• Grand Central Station (0.1 MI/0.16 KM )
• Penn Station (1.2 MI/1.93 KM )
• Madison Square Garden (1.2 MI/1.93 KM )
• Radio City Music Hall (0.4 MI/0.64 KM )
• American Girl Place (0.2 MI/0.32 KM ) InterContinental The Barclay New York has 686 guest rooms, including 86 suites over 14 floors. Guestrooms and public area space have an elegant residential design and offer a perfect combination of historic charm and contemporary features. The guest rooms have been designed to be interchangeable as a comfortable, stylish home setting with office components to make the space adaptable for professional and practical use. Each room is furnished with digital cable/satellite TV, high-speed internet, dual-line telephones, i-Home radio alarms compatible with i-Pod devices, in-room safes, in-room checkout, voicemail and modem hook-up, dual voltage power points and centralized heating and air conditioning throughout. Free morning newspapers, Tea/Coffee makers, mini-bars and 24-hr service are also available with turndown service available upon request.
Restored to its 1926 neo-Federal style, InterContinental The Barclay New York welcomes guests with residential warmth and luxury. Few hotels provide such easy access to must-see attractions including Rockefeller Center, Carnegie Hall, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square and Central Park. The Statue of Liberty is a short taxi ride away.
Visit the United Nations, Wall Street, Broadway Theater or take a stroll in the world-famous Central Park! There have been a number of famous faces visiting The Barclay New York Hotel over the years. Because of its proximity to the United Nations, nearly every major head of state has visited the hotel, including President Ronald Reagan, Francois Mitterrand and Nelson Mandela. The Barclay Hotel has also been the home away from home for such celebrities as Bette Davis, Marlon Brando and Ernest Hemingway Golf - driving range
• Golf - miniature
• Ice skating
• Swimming on site
• Motor boating
• Pilates classes/instruction
• Yoga classes/instruction
• Running track/path
• Helicopter/airplane sightseeing • Major credit cards are accepted
• Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
• Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Directions from LaGuardia Airport (distance 12 miles):
As you leave the airport, get on the Grand Central Parkway West. Take the Grand Central Parkway to the Triborough Bridge. Cross the Triborough Bridge and follow signs to FDR Drive. Take FDR Drive to the East 49th Street exit. Exit on East 49th Street and continue west to Park Avenue. Turn left on Park Avenue and go to East 48th Street.Turn left on East 48th Street. We are midway down the block between Park and Lexington Avenue on the left-hand side of the street.
The Barclay Bar & Grill: Serving American and Continental cuisine.
- Your personal data is safe! All personal details are over a secure connection when you make a booking
- We don't charge additional booking fees or card transaction fees. The price you see is the price you pay!
- Best price promise. If you find it cheaper elsewhere contact us and we'll do our best to beat it!
- We value your privacy. Your details are used only to confirm your booking. We don't sell or share your personal details with any third party.
For more information, please view our privacy statement
and/or terms and conditions