Westin Grand Central
212 East 42nd St., New York 10017, USA
The New York Helmsley Hotel is a world-class property nestled in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, within walking distance of Times Square, Grand Central Station and the United Nations, as well as the Theatre District and Rockefeller Center.
• Chrysler Building - 1 block
• United Nations - 4 blocks
• Bryant Park/New York Public Library - 5 blocks
• Times Square - 6 blocks
• Broadway theaters - 6 blocks
• Garment District - 6 blocks
• Rockefeller Center - 9 blocks
• Radio City Music Hall - 12 blocks
• Empire State Building - 12 blocks
• Museum of Modern Art - 0.75 mile
• Carnegie Hall - 1 mile
• Central Park - 1.25 miles The New York Helmsley offers 776 guestrooms in a 41-story building. Amenities include desks and two dual-line speakerphones. Televisions offer pay movies, and complimentary wireless Internet access is available in all accommodations.
Bathrooms with shower/tub combinations also include telephones. Terry-cloth bathrobes provide lounging comfort.
The New York Helmsley is conveniently located on east 42nd street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, two blocks from either Grand Central Station or the United Nations and just five blocks from 5th Avenue Shopping, Times Square, the Theater district and the Empire State Building. Central Park, 1.25 miles north, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including ball fields, tennis courts, rowboat rentals, horseback riding, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's skating rink, nine blocks away, opens in winter, as does Central Park's Wollman Rink. A golf driving range is located at Chelsea Piers sports/entertainment complex on the Hudson River 2 miles west of the hotel. All Major credit cards are accepted.
Check In Time - 4 p.m.
Check Out Time - 12 p.m.
Driving directions from LaGuardia Airport:
Take Grand Central Pkwy west to I-278 (Brooklyn-Queens Expy). Take I-495 (Long Island Expy) west, then take the Queens Midtown tunnel and exit to 37th St/38th-40th Sts. Turn left on E 37th St, then turn right on 3rd Ave. Turn right on E 42nd St, and the hotel is on the right.
Harry's Bar: Offers light fare in a casual atmosphere, perfect for enjoying specialty cocktails or simply unwinding after work. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres are served during Happy Hour. There's also a 60" LCD Projection TV, so you can watch any breaking news or keep up with your favorite sports team.
Mindy's Restaurant: A multi-tiered gourmet restaurant featuring an award-winning, globally influenced, American cuisine. The restaurant’s quiet elegance is marked by a series of hand painted murals depicting nineteenth century Manhattan and accented by two-story high windows along the entire South wall. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in a soothing ambience with genuinely friendly and impeccable service.
- Your personal data is safe! All personal details are over a secure connection when you make a booking
- We don't charge additional booking fees or card transaction fees. The price you see is the price you pay!
- Best price promise. If you find it cheaper elsewhere contact us and we'll do our best to beat it!
- We value your privacy. Your details are used only to confirm your booking. We don't sell or share your personal details with any third party.
For more information, please view our privacy statement
and/or terms and conditions