Wyndham Midtown 45 Hotel (Formerly The Alex)
205 EAST 45TH STREET, NEW YORK, 10017, USA
The Alex heralds a new generation of luxury accommodations in midtown Manhattan. Located in East Midtown Manhattan, the Alex Hotel offers serene, Asian-influenced accommodations and a myriad of guest services. This 33-story hotel is within four blocks of the United Nations Headquarters, the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal and Fifth Avenue. Broadway and Times Square are seven blocks from the hotel. The hotel is 12 miles from La Guardia Airport.
• United Nations Headquarters - 2 blocks
• Park Avenue - 2 blocks
• Chrysler Building - 3 blocks
• Grand Central Terminal - 4 blocks
• Fifth Avenue - 4 blocks
• Times Square/Broadway Theater District - 6 blocks
• New York Public Library/Bryant Park - 7 blocks
• Rockefeller Center - 8 blocks
• Saks Fifth Avenue - 8 blocks
• American Girl Place - 8 blocks
• Bloomingdales - 15 blocks
• Empire State Building - 16 blocks
• Central Park - 1 mile Opened in 2004, this stylish hotel is in the cosmopolitan Midtown East area, 2 blocks from Park Avenue and the United Nations; the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal are within 4 blocks. The lobby is an elegant retreat, with bamboo plants flanking the entryway, the hotel's signature orchids arranged in tube vases, and votive candles lit at nightfall. The seating area includes a gas fireplace, velvet and leather settees, and a black-and-cream palette accented with scarlet. The hotel hosts an upscale clientele of executives, entertainment figures, leisure travelers, and dignitaries visiting the nearby U.N.
• Swimming Pool.
• Ice skating.
• Running Track.
• Hiking / Biking Trails.
• Major credit cards are accepted.
• Check In Time - 4 p.m.
• Check Out Time - 11 a.m.
• From La Guardia Airport:- Distance is 12 miles from La Guardia Airport.
Head toward the Airport Exit on Marine Terminal Rd. East toward Staten Island. Take Exit #43/30th Ave. toward Northern Blvd. Turn right on 30th Ave. Turn left onto I-278 West toward Northern Blvd. Turn right on Queens Plz N. Continue on Queensboro Bridge.Take ramp onto Queensboro Brg-Lower Level. Take ramp toward 2 Ave.-South, Turn left on 2nd Ave. Turn right on E 45th St. The Alex Hotel is on the right.
Riingo - This handsome, two-level restaurant serves innovative American-Japanese cuisine. The main level includes a curved-front lounge—where the signature drink is the Red Apple Martini—a 40-seat dining room, and a sushi bar. A semi-private “bento booth” is appointed with ebony wood and kimono-inspired fabrics. A Carrara marble stairway leads to a mezzanine with a community table overlooking the main dining room and more intimate booths overlooking the lounge.
- Your personal data is safe! All personal details are over a secure connection when you make a booking
- We don't charge additional booking fees or card transaction fees. The price you see is the price you pay!
- Best price promise. If you find it cheaper elsewhere contact us and we'll do our best to beat it!
- We value your privacy. Your details are used only to confirm your booking. We don't sell or share your personal details with any third party.
For more information, please view our privacy statement
and/or terms and conditions